Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Two Steps Back, Three Steps Forward

Alrighty, well I had a change of plans. After thinking about this for a while and doing some research, the wsdl2ruby tool finally generates some code. I ended up changing the WSDL in a couple of places to get it to generate code successfully:
  1. Changed xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/" namespace decleration to xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
  2. Changed corresponding 'soap12:' tags to 'soap:'
So here's the updated WSDL. Aside from the SOAP12 changes, I had to add back in some fault messages that I'd removed in error, ooops. Turns out that was generating a lot of the errors.

Now it is clear that we aren't doing much in the WSDL that isn't supported by SOAP4r - or at least enough to generate the WSDL. So, the real questions is: how much has the functional SOAP layer changed, and how much of a pain is it going to be to alter the existing soap4r code to add these things? At this point, I'm not too worried about making this packageable, or fully implementing the spec: just what I would need to add in order for MTOM to work and allow me to bind to our .NET node running the WSDL.

One outstanding question: will the standalone server allow more than one operation in the portType def?

No comments: